(860) 223-0726 x7771
“I just wanted to thank you for the great trip, I enjoyed every aspect. The views were some of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen and I made some of the best friends I have ever had. All of the CRILA and Outward Bound staff were awesome and made everything the best they could possibly be, thank you. I hope you have a great summer and I am already thinking about September and the community service project to come. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!”
- Past Student
Center for Creative Youth
Soundbridge Early Learning Center
Welcome to CRILA
The application period for 2018-2019 is now open. The deadline for applications is March 23, 2018.
Application materials must be mailed to Karen Mooney, CREC-CRILA Program Manager, 111 Charter Oak Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 or via email to email@example.com
Funding for this program is partially provided by a grant from the State Department of Education and is currently pending.
The Capitol Region Interdistrict Leadership Academy (CRILA) is a program created and operated by the Capitol Region Education Council (CREC) through an interdistrict grant from the Connecticut State Department of Education. CRILA's mission is: To provide a diverse forum whereby students will practice ethical and collaborative leadership through research and community services.
Students from schools in the central Connecticut region that are in their sophomore or junior year are eligible to apply to participate. Each year 30 students are selected for their ability to lead, strong academic standing, ability to work with others, and interest in and commitment to community service. CRILA is free for students and school districts.
Participating students have the unique opportunity to:
- Attend a seven day all expenses paid Outward Bound experience in Newry, Maine during late June/early July.
- Develop and participate in a dynamic and collaborative community service project that will benefit the Hartford region.
- Meet and learn from a variety of leaders from many different industries.
- Engage in a challenging leadership curriculum designed to teach the attributes of an ethical leader and the skills to be an agent for social change.
- Earn high school credit and build leadership skills in preparation for college.