Elizabeth Cole, Ed.D., CCC-A, LSLS Cert. AVT
About Comprehensive Educational Evaluations
Soundbridge offers full-scale educational assessments of children with hearing loss. These assessments are performed by a multi-disciplinary team of specialists with expertise in education of the hearing impaired.
As deafness is a low incidence handicap in the school-age population, local school personnel often do not have the necessary training and experience to perform valid assessments of hearing impaired students. We are prepared to provide this support to all school systems who may need assistance. The evaluation routinely includes observation of the student in their educational setting, consultation with teachers and parents, and standardized and criterion-referenced assessment. All members of the team contribute to the final report.
Evaluations are available in the following domains:
- Auditory, speech, and language development
- Academic Achievement
School systems are free to select the particular domains they would like assessed. Evaluations may be helpful in any of the following ways:
- Planning appropriate school placement
- Providing a program in the least restrictive environment
- Deciding the nature and amount of special education support services
- Analyzing a student's strengths and weaknesses
- Planning a student's Individualized Education Program