CREC offers several COMPASS Workbooks starting at $18.
Order Form Link
“Demand for the training has grown as districts have come to see the COMPASS as an outstanding option for professional development for their paraprofessionals. CREC is always forward thinking in determining how to improve the services they provide to their customers. I am grateful to CREC for their leadership in developing quality professional development materials and look forward to our continued collaboration.”
Connecticut State Department of Education
Facilitation and Presentation Certification
The COMPASS is a nationally recognized, comprehensive, job-embedded professional development curriculum aligned with national paraprofessional standards. Professionals can become certified to train paraprofessionals in more than twenty COMPASS modules, such as School Climate, Assistive Technology, Legal Issues, Instructional Strategies, Managing Behaviors, Common Core Standards, Teaching English Language Learners, and Teaching Students with Autism.
Educators with an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the paraprofessional.
- Two days of certification training in five basic level modules (18 hours of training material).
- Video of a successful COMPASS presentation.
- Recertification every two years.
For Advanced Modules
- Professionals must be certified trainers in COMPASS Basic level.
- One day certification Training.
Benefits of Certification
Membership to The COMPASS Trainers includes updates to materials, current resources, and online assistance.
- All instructional materials.
- Paraprofessional Workbooks (for 20 paraprofessionals).
- Video analysis of a presentation and coaching support.