Location & Hours
“Keep up the good work! The clinic made a concerted effort to fit his visit into my schedule. Nurse Patty and Doctor Tom were awesome!”
- Foster Parents
About the Polaris Outpatient Mental Health Clinic for Children and Families
Helping those in need reach their full potential.
The CREC John J. Allison, Jr. Polaris Center's outpatient mental health clinic is for children and families and is licensed by the Connecticut Department of Public Health and the Connecticut Department of Children and Families. It provides high-quality mental health services to children who are preschool-aged through adolescence, and to adults and families in the community. Taking a strength-based approach, clinic staff members work with clients to identify treatment issues and establish a treatment plan of care.
Recognizing the prevalence and effect of acute and prolonged trauma in the lives of many of the children and families in the community, all CREC John J. Allison, Jr. Polaris Center's programming is offered from a trauma-informed perspective as adapted from attachment, self-regulation and competency framework.
The Polaris Center accepts federal, state, and most private insurances.
- Comprehensive psychiatric and psychological evaluation and assessment
- School-based psychiatric consultations
- Psychotherapy for individuals, families, and groups
- Medication management
- Parent consultations
Areas of Specialty
- Affective disorder
- Mood disorder
- Trauma recovery therapies
- Alcohol and substance abuse counseling
- Alcohol abuse recovery
- Substance abuse recovery
- Grief work
- Play therapy
- Board certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrists
- Board certified psychiatric advanced practice registered nurse
- Licensed clinical psychologist
- Licensed marriage and family therapists
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Licensed professional counselors
- Administrative assistant
- Billing specialist
For more information or to make an appointment, please call the Polaris Outpatient Mental Health Clinic for Children and Families at (860) 509-3626.