Education Resource Specialist
About Seeds of Success Summer Academy
Upon entering high school, students find an environment with much more freedom and the need to make more decisions on their own. Help your rising ninth and tenth graders to better prepare for high school, college & beyond.
Seeds of Success will help your child:
- Experience student-driven, project-based learning activities at Central Connecticut State University (CCSU)
- Increase leadership capacity
- Do a community service project
- Prepare to enter the 21st century world of work someday via positive interactions today with people from different cultures.
- Enhance opportunities for students to succeed academically and socially
Targeted student population
- Current eighth and ninth grade students who’ll be attending high schools in participating districts. Youth will be matched with fellow students and teachers from their schools. Ratio: 18 students or less to 1 teacher.
- Goal: 18 students per district
- Applying math/science skills while building boat and rocket models
- Renewable energy creation
- Obstacle course-outdoor adventure use of math, language arts & science
- Lunch at the State Capitol
- Games such as Jeopardy, Where the Wind Blows, and much more
- Free program; free transportation
- July 18 - 29 (M—F) from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Students must commit to attending every day for the two weeks
- Free continental breakfast & lunch
- Partnership between CREC, Berlin, Bolton, Canton, Cromwell, Enfield, Portland, Windsor Locks and CCSU
- Registration deadline: June 3, 2016