Our Certified Special Education Teachers provide quality services to students in a classroom setting, through a commitment to team participation in planning and delivery of educational curriculum, including individual and group instruction and supervision of classroom Associate Instructors. In addition, our teachers work closely with the Clinical Director, Behavior Analysts, SLP’s, OT’s and PT’s to ensure coordination of services, and manages and organizes the classroom.
Our teaching staff
- Our Certified Special Education Teachers have extensive experience with children with autism spectrum disorders, and have received post-graduate training in applied behavior analysis.
Our Teacher’s roles
- Prepare student education plans in consultation with parents and IEP team members.
- Develops functional individual curriculum
- Prepares and writes lesson plans under supervision on Clinical Director.
- Provides instruction based on principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Attends Clinical Reviews of student performance.
- Applies appropriate diagnostic, assessment, and data collection techniques to continually evaluate performance.
- Coordinates development of IEP and attends IEP meeting
- Supervises Associate Instructors
- Develops and leads evidenced-based individual and group instruction
- Coordinates service delivery through team and classroom meetings
- Interacts with parent, students, LEA and other personnel to ensure accomplishment of educational goals.
- Regularly communicates with parents via daily communication books, phone calls, parent training sessions and clinical reviews.