Service Coordinator Youth & Family Development
About Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program 2017
The CREC Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program (SYELP), provided in partnership with Capital Workforce Partners, will seek to serve eligible students in the East Hartford, Enfield, and Manchester regions. The SYELP is a work and learn program designed to provide participants with career development skills through experience in subsidized work placement. This program operates for five weeks in July and August.
Please note that the funding for this program has not been confirmed and space is likely to be very limited. All eligible applicants are welcome to apply through the link below. No applicants are guaranteed admission to the program.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
Please review the below eligibility requirements before completing the application. All eligible applicants must complete the Summer Youth Employment Application to be considered for the program.
- Applicants must be a resident of East Hartford, Enfield, or Manchester.
- Please note that the application for East Hartford residents has reached full capacity and has been closed.
- The application for Manchester residents is scheduled to close on Friday, May 12th.
- Applicants must be available for the dates of July 13th through August 18th.
- Applicants must be able to document income eligibility through one of the two forms below:
- Applicants must be able to document work eligibility by submitting documentation that meets the requirements of the I-9 Form "List of Acceptable Documents".
- Applicants must be able to document school enrollment and attendance records.
- Applicants must be able to document age verification (at least 15 years old by July 1st, 2017).
- Applicants must be able to attend an intake interview session on one of the available dates with a parent/guardian (if under 18 years old).
You will be contacted through email in the coming weeks if you have been selected for an interview. Please ensure that your email address is correct and checked regularly.