The attached rubric was developed by the K-2 Assessment Consortium for teachers to use as they piloted various assessment tasks. It is based on the group agreed upon Guiding Principles.
As teachers pilot assessments, they complete the rubric and these are collected and reviewed by the consortium to determine whether an assessment should be included on the website. All of the assessments on the website have gone through this vetting and pilot process.
- Guiding Principles
- Assessments should be developmentally age appropriate and authentic.
- Summative and formative assessments should be limited in number while still measuring progress over time.
- The collection of assessment data should be student and teacher friendly and not time consuming.
- The assessment process should be inclusive of English language learners and students with disabilities.
- Assessments should be aligned with CT grade level expectations.
- Review Rubric
- Rubric Glossary
- Bloom's Taxonomy