The Master of Education with a Montessori Concentration (M Ed) at the University of Hartford is the only program located in Connecticut that combines Association of Montessori Internationale (AMI) teacher training with a graduate degree. The program is a partnership between the University's College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions (ENHP) and the Montessori Training Center of New England (MTCNE) and offers two areas of focus:
· Master of Education in Early Childhood Education with a Montessori Concentration combines the AMI Primary Training Course with graduate classes in early childhood education.
· Master of Education in Elementary Education with a Montessori Concentration combines the AMI Elementary Training Course with a graduate classes in elementary education.
This competitive M Ed program is for students who are currently enrolled in or have completed within the past five years an AMI teacher-training program. The graduate program provides high-quality training and professional development within a community of vibrant public ans private Montessori schools.
Who is eligible to apply to the University of Hartford M Ed with Montessori Concentration program?
· Students who are enrolled in an MTCNE teacher-preparation program
· Students who are enrolled in another AMI-recognized training center, worldwide
· AMI diploma holders who have completed their training within the past five years.
For more information view our brochure, or click on the following links below:
Frequently Asked Questions
To apply for transfer of AMI Diploma graduate credit click here.