Bus and Bus Stop Behavior
The following behavior will be expected of all students transported by CREC-sponsored transportation:
- Students will board buses single file and proceed to their seats in an orderly manner.
- If assigned a seat, students must stay in that seat.
- Students will remain properly seated until their trip is completed unless specifically requested to do otherwise by the driver or monitor.
- Students may engage in normal conversation while on the bus; shouting or other loud, distracting behavior is not permitted.
- The following conduct is prohibited:a) pushing, shoving, fighting or striking another student or adult;b) disregarding directions from the driver or bus monitor;c) breach of receiving school district’s policies concerning drugs, weapons, vandalism, theft or threatening conduct towards fellow students or adults;d) throwing articles within or out of the bus; e) spitting, eating, or drinking while on the bus.
Parents should make sure that children reach the school bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled bus pick-up. Parents must make arrangements to accompany children grades K to 3 to and from bus stops. Parents should instruct children to:
- Walk on sidewalks;
- Look both ways before crossing roads;
- Wait on the sidewalk, off the road pavement;
- Wait until the bus stops before trying to board;
- Behave appropriately walking to and from and while at the bus stop;
- Follow the behavior outlined for all students transported by CREC-sponsored transportation.