CREC Testing Administrator
About ParaPro Assessment
CREC is now a testing site for the Educational Testing Service’s (ETS®) ParaPro Assessment.
ETS developed the ParaPro Assessment as a way to satisfy the requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act, which requires that paraeducators serving in an instructional capacity:
- Have an associate of arts degree,
- Have completed two years of college, or
- Have demonstrated, through an academic assessment the knowledge and ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and mathematics.
Scheduling a Test
- On test day, arrive 15 minutes early and bring a valid ID and your test fees. A full list of test date procedures is available on the ETS website.
- You will have 2.5 hours to complete the assessment, unless you received approval for accommodations.
Receiving the Score Report
Unofficial scores are available on the computer screen at the end of your test. Official scores are mailed about two to three weeks after a test date to the address provided during the test registration. If you would like to have your score report sent to a different school, request that an additional one be sent to the school or provide a copy of your official score report to the school of your choice. Visit the ETS's Score Overview page for information about requesting an additional score report.
ETS is committed to serving test takers with disabilities or health-related needs by providing services and reasonable accommodations that are appropriate, given the purpose of the test. Testing accommodations are available for test takers who meet ETS requirements.
Test takers requesting accommodations should review the ParaPro Assessment Bulletin for additional information on the types of accommodations that are available and how to register.