CREC offers several COMPASS Workbooks starting at $18.
Order Form Link
“For the past six years, CREC has worked closely with the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) to support the statewide initiative to provide quality comprehensive paraprofessional training. The feedback on the modules has been consistently excellent. Participants enjoy the hands-on activities and the opportunity to share their thoughts, ideas and strategies with their peers.”
Connecticut State Department of Education
eesmarts: K-12 Energy Education
Facilitation and Presentation Certification
About The COMPASS
CREC offers The COMPASS, a comprehensive, job-embedded development curriculum aligned with national and state paraeducator standards, with five basic and 16 advanced modules. Some session topics include: Roles and Responsibilities, Connecting Instruction to Common Core Standards, and School Climate: Creating Environments that are Safe for All. Educational organizations can hire CREC to present within districts or CREC can certify staff members to teach The COMPASS, enabling capacity building within your organization.
The COMPASS is a nationally recognized, comprehensive, job-embedded professional development curriculum aligned with national paraeducator standards. Professionals can become certified to train paraeducators in more than twenty COMPASS modules such as School Climate, Instructional Strategies, Managing Behaviors, and Common Core Standards.
Whether you're looking to support a single paraeducator team member, or your entire paraeducator workforce, CREC has the expert solution for you. The COMPASS is a comprehensive job-embedded professional development curriculum designed for paraeducators. CREC is pleased to offer several delivery options for training in the COMPASS.
The COMPASS Offers:
- On-Site Workshops: A certified CREC COMPASS trainer will come to your school or district and present any of the COMPASS modules.
- CREC Workshops: The COMPASS modules are presented regularly at CREC's central offices in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Online Training: Select COMPASS modules are available as an online course.
- COMPASS Certification Program: Build capacity within your organization to train paraeducators using the nationally recognized COMPASS curriculum. Certification includes initial training, training materials, ongoing support, and recertification.
- COMPASS Coaching and Mentoring: paraeducators can receive coaching and mentoring on the COMPASS from CREC expert trainers. The COMPASS is aligned with the National Paraeducator Standards and can be customized to include specific district practices, procedures, and forms.