Assistant to the Director
(860) 298-9079 x2101
The River Street Outreach Program provides high quality, research-based services for families and professionals.
- Consultation in Public and Private School Classrooms.
- Staff and Parent Trainings Individual behavioral consults Classroom supports Short-term/Long-term consultation.
- Assistance with transitions.
- Trainings may include but are not restricted to Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, Working with Challenging Children, and Discrete Trial training.
- Observation Techniques Data Collection Systems Building Social Skills Planning for Inclusion Classroom supports Toilet training.
- Positive Behavior Supports Developing peer relationships.
Program Support and Development
- Development of early intensive intervention programs.
- Training in Autism Spectrum Disorders, ABA intervention strategies, childhood disabilities.
- Program evaluations utilizing the Autism Program Quality Indicators (APQI).
- Ongoing support to ABA classrooms Development of peer support systems and social skills groups
- Case coordination Placement of experienced staff.
- Behavioral assistance in the home Generalization of skills to home and community.
- Build collaboration between home and school Assistance in building skills in the community.
- Assessment of current functioning IEP development.
- Curriculum development to address critical skills.
- Assist staff in the development of effective teaching strategies.
- Generalization of skills across settings Functional skills training.
Assessment of Student Needs
- Ecological Assessments ASIEP-3, ABLLS-R, VB-MAPP.
- Social Skills Rating Scales Functional Behavior Assessments Assistance with the development and implementation of behavior support plans (BSP).
- Data system development Implementation of wide range of evidence based strategies.