Click here for scheduling.
CREC Central Office
111 Charter Oak Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
Fingerprinting Safety Protocols for COVID-19
- If you are feeling sick in any way, please stay home. You can cancel and or reschedule your appointment by calling (860) 524-4003 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must wear a mask or other face-covering (not provided)
- No more than two people, including the Fingerprint Specialist, will be allowed in the fingerprinting office, so we ask that you please come alone. Any guests accompanying you, including children, must wait outside or in the lobby, and also wear a face-covering.
- The Fingerprint Specialist will escort the applicant / client to the fingerprinting office when ready.
- After you have been fingerprinted, your documents are reviewed and signed, and payment has been processed, the fingerprint specialist will hand you any necessary documentation and escort you back to the main lobby.
- The LiveScan fingerprinting device will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every use.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR A FINGERPRINTING APPOINTMENT
Scheduling an Appointment
Fingerprinting is done by appointment only. The name of the person on the schedule must be the person present for the appointment.
Our Fingerprinting Services location is:
CREC Central Offices
111 Charter Oak Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106.
For customer support, please call (860) 524-4003 or email email@example.com.
Fingerprinting appointments are scheduled Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Emergency closings and cancellations will be announced on our voicemail at (860) 524-4003.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I check to see if CREC Fingerprinting Services is open during inclement weather?
In the case of inclement weather, please call (860) 524-4003 to listen to an automated announcement regarding fingerprinting appointments.
Where do I get my “Service Code”?
Please contact your Board of Education (school/district) to obtain the service code. Without the service code you will not be able to pre-enroll or be fingerprinted.
Do I need to pre-enroll before showing up to my appointment?
Yes. You will need to pre-enroll prior to coming into the fingerprint office.
I would like to apply to multiple schools. What is the process?
You will need service codes for each district that you want to be fingerprinted for. You will need to pre-enroll for each district.
I worked for one week at a school district and will be working again this year in the same district. Do I need to be fingerprinted again?
No. By working at least one day in that school district, you are considered a continuous employee for that district. However, the district may choose to require you be fingerprinted again.
Who gets my results and when?
The results are sent directly to each school by the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP). As the results are sent by the DESPP, CREC cannot confirm the timeline for delivery of the results.
Can CREC share any criminal history information with others, with or without my authorization?
Under the State of Connecticut FBI CJIS Security Policy, any and all criminal history information cannot be re-used for subsequent unrelated needs by the original requestor/recipient, and cannot be disseminated to another recipient for subsequent unrelated re-use, future anticipated uses, regardless of whether or not the needs are formally related and outside of a state's jurisdiction.
This information is subject to change without notice.
(Revised: July 2021)