CREC’s experienced transportation team can help solve your most challenging issues.
The CREC Transportation Division currently coordinates transportation for the Greater Hartford Choice Programs. CREC manages over 600 bus routes to more than 185 schools.
CREC’s Director of Transportation has over 25 years of experience in the school transportation industry and is on the Connecticut School Transportation Association’s Board of Directors. The management team at CREC Transportation has over 108 years of experience combined, is proficient using the three major routing software programs, and has a state certified school bus safety instructor on staff.
- Analyze costs, ride times, vehicle usage, satisfaction, and more
- Assist in negotiation of contract renewals
- Develop Request for Proposals and contracts
- Provide safety programs or staff training
- Provide recommendations for increased efficiencies
- Manage all phases or specific areas of a district’s transportation system
- Provide interim management while a district is “between” transportation managers
- Ensure bus company is meeting all its contractual requirements
- Provide all necessary customer service and support services
- Provide support for local management
- Provide well trained CREC drivers with newer model vans
- Monitors and other special accommodations available
- Work with districts to design and implement a regional transportation plan for out of district transportation
- Create efficiencies through shared services
- CREC provides the administrative support and subcontracts the work to a school transportation company
- Take advantage of the great rates CREC can get
Director of Operations
As a student transportation leader in Connecticut, CREC will continue to support districts with any of their student transportation needs.