The Department of Communications is responsible for implementing, planning, and managing community relations projects that assist us in meeting our agency’s mission and vision.
We are here to assist our programs and schools with the management of community development initiatives that promote community awareness and collaboration. We are responsible for supervising and maintaining the image of the agency in the community. Our work in the community and with the community-based organizations assures we meet those goal. Communications partners with the CREC Foundation and other CREC programs to provide much needed support to schools and community groups in our area.
CREC takes great pride in responding to immediate community needs as well as assisting CREC programs and community agencies to achieve long term, result-based outcomes. This promotes a healthy and sustainable community.
Some of our community relations projects include agency-wide fundraising events, volunteer events, and special events that fulfill a need in our school communities and neighborhoods.
A Sample of our Community Relations Work
CREC is grateful for the involvement of many organizations in supporting our work.
- Regional Collaborators and Partners
The CREC Foundation was established in 2005 to support CREC’S programs, missions and its members. The Foundation helps achieve this goal by:
- Providing financial support for CREC educational programs and services;
- Developing strategic partnerships with other community organizations that help promote and advance CREC’s educational initiatives;
- Supporting teachers and educational leaders by helping fund programs that build and strengthen skills and abilities;
- Seeking funds for innovative and highly progressive educational programming to meets the needs of a diverse student population;
- Acquiring school and classroom resources for teachers and students;
- Obtaining scholarship funds for disadvantaged students; and
- Assisting families by securing support for programs that improve adult literacy, workforce preparedness and job training.
For more information visit the CREC Foundation webpage.
Community Relations Contacts
Aura Alvarado - Director of Communications and Community Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 524-4065
Tom Sullivan - Managing Director of Communications - Content and Media
email@example.com or (860) 240-6625