Foundation & Program Officer
About the CREC Foundation
“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives”
Robert M. Hutchins
To support CREC’s mission, its community and its programs.
The CREC Foundation was established in 2005 to support CREC's programs, missions and its members. The Foundation helps achieve this goal by:
- Providing financial support for CREC educational programs and services
- Developing strategic partnerships with other community organizations that help promote and advance CREC's educational initiatives
- Supporting teachers and educational leaders by helping fund programs that build and strengthen skills and abilities
- Seeking funds for innovative and highly progressive educational programming to meets the needs of a diverse student population
- Acquiring school and classroom resources for teachers and students
- Obtaining scholarship funds for disadvantaged students
- Assisting families by securing support for programs that improve adult literacy, workforce preparedness and job training.
Board of Directors
Becky Tyrrell, Chair
Cal Heminway, Vice Chair
Lydia Tedone, Secretary
The CREC Foundation exists exclusively for charitable purposes and is funded by private gifts from individuals and organizations. In addition, the Foundation hosts or participates in fund raising events. As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization it is governed by a board of directors who support the Foundation's mission.